Audacity VST Enabler is a program that allows the VST plugins to work. Visual Studio Technology (VST), on the other hand, is a plug-in software that adds several effects in an audio recording and editing tool.
By Vengeance Sound. Important Note: You must have an eLicencer dongle to use. Audacity can load VST effects (but not VST instruments) on all operating systems. The VST Enabler is no longer required. Install the VST effects to the Audacity Plug-Ins folder on Windows, to /Library/Application Support/audacity/Plug-Ins on OS X/macOS or to system locations. Waves DIAMOND Bundle Audio Software Effects Plug-ins NEW. Waves CENTER Plugin Mastering Enhancer Audio Software Native+SoundGrid NEW. VST Plugin AU +BONUS eDelivery. Waves Silver Bundle Native — 16 Plugins — Pro Tools AAX 64 RTAS VST AU Mac PC.
It provides a variety of functionalities including virtual instrument sounds. However, VST enabler is no longer required for Audacity’s latest version. You can now download the VST plugins and directly add it to the Audacity audio recorder to enable the effects.
If you are using an older version of Audacity (e.g. v. 1.3), you might need to get the Audacity VST Enabler. But it has been removed in the Audacity’s official site since the release of the newer version. The only choice you can have is to update your Audacity and download the VST plugins.
To check the version of your Audacity, go to the Help menu and click About Audacity. Or, you can update it to the latest version by clicking the Check for Updates and it will redirect you to the download page. Please see the article on How to Use Audacity for a complete guide.
Contents1 Installing Audacity VST Plugins
- 1.1 To see if the plugin you have downloaded works
- 1.1.1 Conclusion
- Installing Audacity VST Plugins
- Since Audacity supports thousands of plugins, VST provided an array of plugins that you can get for free. These plugins are available in Audacity for Windows, Audacity for Mac, and Audacity for Linux. Here’s a tutorial on how you can install them.
- Download VST for WindowsDownload VST for Mac OS X
- Step 1. Download the VST plugin you want to add to your Audacity. you can click on any of the buttons above, depending on the operating system that you are using.
- Step 2. Open the Download folder on your computer and find the plugin you downloaded. Step 3. Extract all the files or install the plugin.
- Ac Dc Vst Plugins Plugin
- Step 4. Find the .dll file on your computer and copy it to the Audacity’s directory. To open the directory for Audacity, just go to the Program Files on your computer, find Audacity and locate the Plugins folder. Paste the copied file inside the plugins folder to add the plugins to the library.
- Step 5. Open the Audacity and click on Effects, the plugins will appear in that tab. If you can’t find the downloaded plugin, click the add/remove plugin command under the Effects menu.
- Step 6. Look for the plugin you have downloaded. Enable it and click OK.
- To see if the plugin you have downloaded works
- Open the Audacity application on your computer.
- Record an audio or import a prerecorded sound from your computer.
- Select the part of the audio you want to enhance.
- Go to the Effect menu and click the effect you want to add.
- Some of the effects can be added automatically on your project once you click them. Some require you to set the parameters for the effects to work.
- Note: If you want to add Audacity plugins, you must see first if these are compatible with your device or operating system. Otherwise, it will not work even if you follow the installation process correctly. Some of the VST plugins you can get are:
- Antares Auto-tune — best for pitch correction.
- Antress Modern plugins — use to create a fake stereo
- Dominion v.1.2 — to control the signals for attack and sustain phase
- DtBlkFx — for manipulating frequency and harmony
- Acon Digitals — best for livening the vocal sound
- It is simple to add effects to produce good sound. You just have to be resourceful and creative on using these free plugins. With the latest version of Audacity, you need not get the VST Enabler. All you have to do is find the plugins, download them, and add them directly to Audacity’s library.
- Ac Dc Vst Plugins Download
- 0/5 (0 Reviews)
- Download here